You can know everything on interner

Monday, April 13, 2009

Importing bookmarks/favorites into IE from Firefox? I want to export all my Firefox Bookmarks into IE. Firefox?

Importing bookmarks/favorites into IE from Firefox?


I want to export all my Firefox Bookmarks into IE.


Firefox does not have an Export function.


How do I do this?


In IE, under File - Import and Export, it opens into an Import/Export Wizard.


When I open this and click on Import Favorites it asks me to import from a file or an address.


I cannot tick the Import from another web browser of file.


Can you please assist me?


I know it's easy to import favorites from IE to Firefox, but I need to do the opposite.



Personally I think the best option is to use xMarks





http://www.xmarks.com





You can import and xport bookmarks to any browser, it syncs to any computer. Basically your book marks are stored online in your personal private xmarks account (unless of course you want to share it). But the advantage is no matter where you go which computer you go to, you can get easy access to your bookmarks, either online, or by syncing it automatically to the browser.





Check it out, its simple quick and effective




In IE, under File - Import and Export, it opens into an Import/Export Wizard.


When I open this and click on Import Favorites it asks me to import from a file or an address. ---- Choose C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[RANDOM NAME].default\bookmarks.html


then OK


Sometimes it works but sometime doesn't.


Just try first :)


But if it doesnt work, try to export the bookmarks from Firefox to html file. To do this:


Open ur mozilla > choose Bookmarks > Organize bookmarks > Import and Backup > Export to HTML > just make it simple, u can put the bookmarks file on Desktop or other place that will be easier to found > Save.


After that, open ur IE. Choose File > Import and Export > Next > Import Favorite > Next > Import from a File or Addresses, then Browse the bookmark html file that u've saved from Firefox. >Next > OK




Robin when you first open firefox it asks you if you would like to import from ie. you select yes and it does :) trust me ;)




software-


http://eltalerdigital.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Answers for Computer